In print, our publications include Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary (among the best-selling books in American history) and newly published dictionaries for English-language learners.
What does MWCD stand for?
MWCD stands for Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of MWCD
We have 1 other meaning of MWCD in our Acronym Attic
- Monroe-Walton County Library (Monroe, GA)
- Midwest Conference on British Studies (Cincinnati, OH)
- Manly Warringah Community College (Dee Why, New South Wales, Australia)
- Marine Well Containment Company
- Metropolitan Waste Control Commission (Hastings, MN)
- Minimum-Weighted Cycle Cover
- Minnesota Wire and Cable Co. (St. Paul, MN)
- Mogador Wanderers Cricket Club (UK)
- Mount Wachusett Community College (Gardner, MA)
- Multi-Way Communications Channel
- Ministry of Women and Child Development (India)
- Muskingum Water Conservancy District
- Mount Washington Community Development Corporation (Pittsburgh, PA)
- Mahindra World City Developers Limited
- Magnolia Walker Company Ezine
- Major Whooping Cough Epidemics
- Martin Williams Casino Equipment Ltd (UK)
- Marvin Waxman Consulting Engineers (Philadelphia, PA)
- Mobility World Congress & Exhibition (annual event)
- Maryland Workers' Compensation Educational Association, Inc.
Samples in periodicals archive:
Wellington, August 14 ( ANI ): The term 'F-bomb' surfaced in newspapers more than 20 years ago but will only debut in the mainstream Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary on Wednesday, along with the words sexting, flexitarian, obesogenic, energy drink and life coach.
The winner will receive a copy of Merriam-Webster's most popular dictionary, and the runner-up will receive a copy of Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary," she said.
According to Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary (10th ed.
The study of linguistic relations and structures in discourse; Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary, 10th ed.
Nevertheless, last year, under the Christmas tree with a card declaring, "Ya get what ya ask for" was a 1998 Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary.
Designed for business, home reference, language research, general education, and entertainment use, the country's oldest lexography publisher is now shipping Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary, Deluxe Electronic Edition on CD-ROM.
The first products available from Paragon Software at Intel AppUp center include premium-content, advanced-featured 'talking' dictionaries, including Talking Merriam-Webster's Third New International Dictionary, Unabridged ; Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary and the company's line of SlovoEd bilingual dictionaries in 34 world languages.