The mission, dubbed Mercury-Redstone 3, only lasted 15 minutes and 28 seconds -- a blip in comparison to today's 15-day missions.
What does MR3 stand for?
MR3 stands for Mercury-Redstone 3 (US NASA)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MR3
We have 3 other meanings of MR3 in our Acronym Attic
- Machinery Repairman First Class (Naval Rating)
- Maintenance Release Number 1
- Multidrug Resistance Gene-1 (cancer research)
- Myofibrillogenesis Regulator 1
- Mortality Rate Within 120 Days
- Machinery Repairman Second Class (Naval Rating)
- Maintenance Release Number 2
- Mid-engine Runabout/Rear drive 2 seater (Toyota)
- Machinery Repairman Third Class (Naval Rating)
- Maintenance Release Number 3
- Military Region 3 (Vietnam War)
- Mode Register 3
- Maintenance Release Number 4
- Malaria Research and Reference Reagent Resource Center (est. 1998)
- Maintenance Release 6 (maintenance for software)
- Machine Records Activity
- Magnetic Resonance Angiography
- Magneto-Resistive Asymmetry (hard disk drives)
- Mahan Rykiel Associates (various locations)
- Mail Retrieval Agent (internet email)
Samples in periodicals archive:
amp;nbsp; The mission, dubbed Mercury-Redstone 3, was made 23 days after The Soviet Union's Yuri Gagarin became the first man in space.