The table of contents consists of a chart of information on mode of inheritance, the Mendelian Inheritance in Man number, the locus, the mutated gene, and the affected protein.
What does MIM stand for?
MIM stands for Mendelian Inheritance in Man
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MIM
We have 188 other meanings of MIM in our Acronym Attic
- Master Implementation Manual
- Master of International Management
- Masters in Management (various schools)
- McAllen International Museum (now the International Museum of Art & Science; McAllen, TX)
- Measurement Information Model
- Media Interface Management
- Media Interface Module (Cabletron)
- Mediterranean Institute of Management (Nicosia, Cyprus)
- Meet in the Middle (networking)
- Memphis in May International Festival
Samples in periodicals archive:
To identify associated dysfunctions and diseases, they integrated protein-disease annotations into the protein complexes using the Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man database and the Comparative Toxicogenomics Database.
For more information on the intricacies of genetics, go to the National Center for Biotechnology Information's site, which has a feature called the Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (www.
Included among the databases on offer are GenBank, the Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man, the Cancer Genome Anatomy Project, and numerous organism-specific genome databases.
The latest generation of the database includes an assembled genome and integration of more than 35 databases onto a genomic scaffold, including the DoubleTwist Annotated Human and Mouse Gene Indices, the Weizmann Institute's GeneCards(TM) database and Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM).