The drugs are avilamycin, malachite green, melengestrol acetate, monensin, narasin, and tylosin.
What does MGA stand for?
MGA stands for Melengestrol Acetate (synthetic progesterone)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MGA
We have 173 other meanings of MGA in our Acronym Attic
- Manitoba Golf Association (Canada)
- Master General Agents/Brokers (financial)
- Master Government Appraiser
- Master Graphoanalyst
- Mathew Greenwald Associates (market research: Washington, DC)
- Matrox Graphics Adapter
- Mature Gaming Association (gaming guild)
- Medium Gain Antenna
- Medley Global Advisors (New York)
- Megaloblastic Anemia
- Member and Geographic Activities (IEEE)
- Message Guidance Area
- Messy Genetic Algorithm (heredity)
- Metal Gear Acid (gaming)
- Meteorological and Geophysical Agency (Indonesia)
- Michigan Gamers Association (University of Michigan)
- Michigan Gazehound Association
- Michigan Guaranty Agency (Michigan Higher Education Assistance Authority)
- Micro Games of America
- Micro Gas Analyzer
Samples in periodicals archive:
The oral administration of a progestin, melengestrol acetate (MGA), for 14 days followed by an injection of 25 milligrams (mg) of prostaglandin F2a (PGF2a) 17 to 19 days after MGA withdrawal (Wood-Follis et al.
Melengestrol acetate (MGA) is a progestogen approved for in-feedlot heifers to suppress estrus and promote weight gain efficiency.