Previous studies show that the substance, called alpha melanocyte stimulating hormone, or alpha-MSH, has anti-inflammatory properties.
What does MSH stand for?
MSH stands for Melanocyte Stimulating Hormone
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MSH
We have 119 other meanings of MSH in our Acronym Attic
- Maison des Sciences de l'Homme (Paris, France)
- Management Sciences for Health, Inc.
- Manteno State Hospital (Manteno, Illinois)
- Married Student Housing (various schools)
- Marvel Super Heros (comics)
- Material Sample Holders
- Media Saturn Holding (Germany)
- Media-Saturn-Holding GmbH (Germany)
- Medical School Hospital, Inc. (Holy Family Hospital)
- Medien System Haus (German: Home Media System)
Samples in periodicals archive:
For example, intrinsic factors such as alpha melanocyte stimulating hormone ([alpha]-MSH) regulate melanin production (Tsatmali et al.
In addition, other neuroendocrine changes occurring at this time must also be evaluated, such as potential contributors to women's sexual experience: alpha melanocyte stimulating hormone, LHRH, inhibin, prolactin, oxytocin, and many others (Argiolas, 1999; Mauri et al.