1) For purposes of measuring data rate in this context, 1 MegaBaud (MBd) is an RS-232 logic-level compatible data rate that equals 1,000,000 bits per second or higher.
What does MBd stand for?
MBd stands for Megabaud
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MBd
We have 136 other meanings of MBd in our Acronym Attic
- Management By Delegation
- Manager of Business Development (various companies)
- Manual Burst Disable
- Marble Blast Diamond (Marble Blast video game)
- Marching Band Dork
- Marketing & Business Development
- mashed ball diameter
- Maximum Branching Degree
- Medicare Beneficiary Database
- Medieval Battle Day
Samples in periodicals archive:
While Boeing claims faster connection speeds, 20 megabaud to IFN's 200 kilobaud, both ventures rely on satellite transmissions to provide access to passengers, bouncing everything from football games to newscasts to downloadable files onto the plane.
DNC network Versa-Net-II-HS is a high-speed DNC system designed to support a network of up to 32 machine tools, integrating NC and CNC machine-tool controls, part-programming, and CAD/CAM with a data-transfer rate of one MegaBaud.
At 25 Megabaud (MBd), the new ACPL-772L is the industry's fastest, dual-supply voltage (3.
So the average transfer rate is about 4 to 5 megabaud.
The latter combines one megabaud communications with a simple twisted-pair cable to provide cost- effective network solutions.
The first card to be sold operates at 266 megabaud (Mbd).
3 V/5 V CMOS-compatible optocoupler, capable of transmitting data at 25 megabaud (MBd).