To demonstrate the effectiveness of infrared, three different hot air rework systems were compared with a medium wavelength infrared system.
What does MWIR stand for?
MWIR stands for Medium Wavelength Infrared
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MWIR
We have 3 other meanings of MWIR in our Acronym Attic
- Mobile Wireless Internet Forum
- Mountain West Indoor Football League
- Mine Warfare Inspection Group
- Miejskie Wodociagi I Kanalizacja (Polish waste management company)
- Modern World Internet Ltd.
- Military Women in Need (est. 1921; Los Angeles, CA)
- Municipal Waste Integration Network (Canada)
- Missile Warning Improvement Program (US DoD)
- Million Whetstones Instructions Per Second (CPU benchmark)
- Mammalian-Wide Interspersed Repeat
- Midwave Infrared
- Midwest Import Racing
- Midwest Independant Radicals (gaming clan)
- Millimeter-Wave Imaging Radar
- Marine WWMCCS Information System
- Materials Writers Interest Section (Teaching of English to Speakers of Other Languages)
- Maximum Weight Independent Set
- Minority Women in Science (Washington, DC)
- Mission World Information Service
- Mountain Weather Information Service (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Rockwell's Electro-Optical Center will fabricate medium wavelength infrared (MWIR) and short wavelength infrared (SWIR) hybridized submodules.
Dual-band cameras provide simultaneous operation in both the long and medium wavelength infrared bands, allowing the Army to detect targets at long range through smoke and dust and then identify them," said Robert Mehrabian, chairman, president and chief executive officer of Teledyne Technologies Incorporated.