The Medicare Current Beneficiary Survey (MCBS), which contains Medicare LIS enrollment records and extensive survey data on individual beneficiary characteristics, would appear an ideal resource for evaluating LIS take-up.
What does MCBS stand for?
MCBS stands for Medicare Current Beneficiary Survey
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MCBS
We have 22 other meanings of MCBS in our Acronym Attic
- Marion County Bike Rally (Marion, SC)
- Medical Center of Baton Rouge (Baton Rouge, LA)
- Mid-Course Brake Run (rollercoasters, games)
- Motor City Blade Runners (in-line skate club; Detroit, MI)
- Multi-Case Base Reasoning
- Maui County Business Resource Center (Hawaii)
- Minnesota Community Band Resource Center
- Molecular Cell Biology Research Communications (journal)
- Montgomery County Business Roundtable for Education (Rockville, MD)
- Development of a Multi-Chamber Batch Reactor for the Production of Multilayer Interpoly Dielectrics
- Miami City Ballet School (est. 1993; Miami Beach, FL)
- Microcomputer Business Services
- Microsoft Computer Ballot System (lottery scam)
- Ministry of Consumer and Business Services (Ontario, Canada)
- Missionary Congregation of the Blessed Sacrament (Kerala, India)
- Modified Centrifuged Blood Smear
- Music City Blues Society (Nashville, TN)
- Mean Copies Between Service Calls
- Mean Cycles Between Scrap Event
- Multi-Channel Buffered Serial Port
Samples in periodicals archive:
Sponsored by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), the Medicare Current Beneficiary Survey (MCBS) dataset is unique in that it offers researchers access to the full spectrum of public and private sector healthcare utilization and costs, along with measures of health and functional status, access to care, and patient satisfaction for a nationally representative sample of Medicare beneficiaries [28-29].
Fielding of the Items on a National Survey The measures were developed for and fielded as part of the longitudinal Medicare Current Beneficiary Survey (MCBS).
of the University of Massachusetts, Worcester, and her colleagues examined data on more than 1,200 patients from the Medicare Current Beneficiary Survey for 2000 and 2001 and found that nearly 28% had received prescriptions for antipsychotic therapy--the highest rate reported in nearly a decade.
Using data from the Medicare Current Beneficiary Survey and the National Health Interview Study, Bhattacharya and his co-authors forecast that per capita Medicare costs will decline for the next 15 to 20 years; this is in accordance with recent projections of declining disability among the elderly However, by 2020, the trend reverses.
Results from the 1999 Medicare Current Beneficiary Survey found that nearly half of Medicare beneficiaries do not know they can select among different health plan choices within Medicare, and about one-fourth do not know that Medicare does not pay for all of their health care expenses.
Preliminary information from the Medicare Current Beneficiary Survey  indicates that approximately 16 percent of beneficiaries had noticed the quality information in the handbook.
One such presentation used data from the Medicare Current Beneficiary Survey to document that those relatively few Medicare-eligibles who had four or more hospitalizations during the past three years are responsible for most Medicare costs.