She examines the MeSH Medical Subject Headings thesaurus descriptors to discover how the term biobanks was first conceived, evolved, and adopted by scientific publications and the body of definition that has evolved within the legal framework.
What does MeSH stand for?
MeSH stands for Medical Subject Headings
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MeSH
We have 26 other meanings of MeSH in our Acronym Attic
- Medical Education Solutions Group
- Mediterranean Shipping Group
- Microsoft Enterprise Search Group
- Mississippi Eminent Scholars Grant
- Mowlem Environmental Sciences Group (UK)
- Membrane Electrode Sub-Gasket Assembly
- Macintosh Enhanced SCSI Hardware
- Macroergonomics Safety and Health Laboratory (University of Wisconsin; Madison)
- Mapping European Seabed Habitats (UK)
- Marine Aspects of Earth System History
- Mid Anglia Environment Safety and Health Group (UK)
- Mobile Eservices Hub
- Modeling Environment for Software and Hardware (computer engineering)
- Multienterprise Expert Services Hub (software; Inovis)
- Mangled Extremity Syndrome Index
- Marine and Environmental Studies Institute (College of the Bahamas)
- Marocchinerie e Scamoscerie Italiane (Italian: Italian Saddlery and Tannery; est. 1907; Turin, Italy; sheepskin leather)
- Medical Event of Special Interest (clinical trials)
- Modified Exclusive Shared Invalid (states of cache memory)
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Surveillance Interface (Haïti)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Subsequently, as Director of the Medical Subject Headings (MeSH) Development and Content, Nelson led teams that designed, maintained and deployed MeSH, the primary indexing methodology for all the NLM's biomedicine literature.
HealthMash is powered by WebLib's proprietary Health Knowledge Base, which is automatically generated from trusted health content sites, special semantic sources such as the National Library of Medicine's Medical Subject Headings Thesaurus, and the Unified Medical Language System as well as information from the Web.
Candidate associations between genes, proteins, and toxic agents will be identified using queries to search the titles, abstracts, and Medical Subject Headings (MeSH) of references (Lipscomb 2000; Young 2002) included in CTD.
The Medical Subject Headings (MeSH) used to search MEDLINE were defined by initially searching for articles with religion as the major topic of the citation.
In the best cases, one query via HONselect will result in a selection of five types of resources from leading databases: The Medical Subject Headings thesaurus of the National Library of Medicine, scientific journal articles, daily news items, medical illustrations and images, and Web sites.
All question entries are indexed according to the National Library of Medicine's Medical Subject Headings control language, and are numerically coded to be compatible with the American Society for Testing and Materials' (ASTM) standards for communicating health outcomes and clinical information.
Taxonomy Offering Built Upon Medical Subject Headings Enables Greater Content Organization and Recall within Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences Corporations CAMBRIDGE, Mass.