In about three months I should be on tablet chemotherapy, but I can't go back to work before July 23 when I go before a Medical Review Board (MRB).
What does MRB stand for?
MRB stands for Medical Review Board
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of MRB
We have 107 other meanings of MRB in our Acronym Attic
- Martinsburg, WV (regional airport)
- Massachusetts Rating Bureau
- Master Record Boot
- Master Reference Buoy
- Material Record Book (various companies)
- Material Review Board
- Materiel Requirements Branch
- Maximum Reservable Bandwidth
- Meal Replacement Bar (nutrition)
- Medical Recruiting Brigade (US Army)
- Medium Response Boat
- Melbourne Rainbow Band (Melbourne, Australia)
- Merit Rating Board (Massachusetts)
- Merit Review Board (various organizations)
- Message Relay Box
- Mike Renick Band (Cape Girardeau, MO band)
- Mission Requirements Board
- Mississippi River Bridge (Illinois and Missouri Departments of Transportation)
- Mooring Riser Buoy (off-shore oil production)
- Mortgage Revenue Bonds (secondary mortgage financial instrument)
Samples in periodicals archive:
On Wednesday, December 7, 2011, the Medical Review Board and Motor Carrier Safety Advisory Committee of the FMCSA held a joint meeting to discuss sleep apnea and the effect it has on driver safety.
During the filming of this documentary, the park ranger's doctor in New York, Joseph Burrascano, decided to close his practice because of threats from New York's Medical Review Board.
Most disturbing are reports of Army medical review boards trying to pay wounded soldiers as little as possible in disability benefits, sometimes adjudicating veterans' claims while they were heavily medicated and unable to argue their cases effectively.
Thirty-four states use medical review boards or medical advisory boards--made up of health care professionals and physicians--to help determine when a driver should be taken off the roads for health-related reasons.
The new packet, "Emergency Room: Failure to Diagnose Pulmonary Embolism"--which addresses the standard of care and direct and vicarious liability--includes depositions of ER experts, hospital administration experts, and members of state medical review boards.
Less than six months after having his right leg severed below his knee, Tibbs not only learned to walk again, he did what some Sailors who have both their legs can't--he passed his PFT convincing the medical review board he was fit to return to active duty.
Independent medical review boards, such as those that have operated for the past decade in California, could allow specialists to mediate disputes about treatment denials.