Among 20 students who enrolled in the programme, some 15 students including local and expatriate staff from HMC as well as healthcare professionals from other Gulf countries, including eight Palestinian students sponsored by Qatar Red Crescent, were recognised at the ceremony held recently at the Hajar Auditorium in the HMC's Medical Education Centre.
What does MEC stand for?
MEC stands for Medical Education Centre (various locations)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of MEC
We have 449 other meanings of MEC in our Acronym Attic
- Mathematics Education Collaborative (Ferndale, WA)
- Matra Enthusiasts Club (automobile club; UK)
- Mayville Engineering Company (reloading equipment; Mayville, WI)
- Mechanical End Connector (pipeline connections)
- Mechanical Equipment Center (McMurdo Station, Antarctica - USAP)
- Mechatronics Education Center (Columbus, NE)
- Medgar Evers College (City University of New York)
- Media-Edge:CIA (US advertising agency)
- Medial Entorhinal Cortex (mammalian brain area)
- Medical Education Collaborative
- Medical Education Committee (various schools)
- Medical Examiners Commission
- Medium Endurance Cutter (US Coast Guard)
- Member of the Executive Council
- Mendocino Environmental Center (Ukiah, CA)
- Mercato Comune Europeo (Italian: European Economic Community
- Mercury Encrypted Communicator
- Meson Exchange Current
- Message Error Correction
Samples in periodicals archive:
We had two cases of HIV-positive women who delivered last year, but because of early medical intervention in both the cases the babies are fine," Dr al Khal said at a press conference held in the run-up to a seminar organised as part of Qatar's observance of World AIDS Day at HMC Medical Education Centre on Wednesday.
The pounds 17m, five-storey structure is Cardiff University's flagship medical education centre, designed to train the hundreds of medical students who come to the city every year, postgraduates and junior doctors and more experienced medical staff.
But they have been brought in by a Government which believes private doctors are abusing the system, said Prof Yudkin, who is director of the International Health and Medical Education Centre at University College London.
The meetings will be held on Tuesday, February 21, at the Lecture Theatre, University Hospital of North Durham; Tuesday, February 28, Lecture Theatre, First Floor, Postgraduate Medical Education Centre, Bishop Auckland General Hospital and Wednesday, March 1, Executive Boardroom, First Floor, Darlington Memorial Hospital.
Pinderfields General Hospital, Wakefield: Medical Education Centre, Aberford Road, Wakefield.
NUNEATON'S top-rated George Eliot Hospital could soon be boasting an on-site medical education centre.
A spokesman said: "The increasing numbers of medical students graduating from the college reflects the RCSI's excellence as a medical education centre and the success of its students throughout the world.