A vestibular abnormality becomes apparent only on simultaneous cool stimulation, when there is an asynchronous input from the vestibular labyrinths sufficient to stimulate the medial longitudinal fasciculus to produce nystagmus.
What does MLF stand for?
MLF stands for Medial Longitudinal Fasciculus
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MLF
We have 91 other meanings of MLF in our Acronym Attic
- Magnetic Lines of Force
- Maintenance Level Function
- Major League Football (fantasy sports)
- Malolactic Fermentation (winemaking)
- Maple Leaf Foods (Canada)
- Maple Lodge Farms (Canada)
- Margin Loss Factor
- Masters in Law and Finance (degree program)
- Maximum Load Factor
- Meaning Liberation Front (Portland Oregon media collective)
- Memphis Leadership Foundation (est. 1986; Memphis, TN)
- Metropolitan Life Foundation
- Micro Lead-Frame
- Microloan Fund Microinvest (Tajikistan)
- Microsoft Licensing Fulfillment
- Minimum Laxity First
- Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries
- Ministry of Livestock and Fisheries
- Mission Laïque Française (French: French Lay Mission)
- Missionaries of Little Flower
Samples in periodicals archive:
Signals coordinating these nuclei with each other and the vestibular system are carried partly by the medial longitudinal fasciculus (MLF).
A vestibular disorder has a tonic effect on the extraocular muscles through the medial longitudinal fasciculus, which makes it difficult or impossible to track words across a printed page.