In contrast to competing offerings, the Vixel 7100 and 7200 utilize hot-pluggable media interface connectors or GBICs, at each port, providing increased flexibility and unsurpassed ease of service to the end user.
What does MIC stand for?
MIC stands for Media Interface Connector
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of MIC
We have 477 other meanings of MIC in our Acronym Attic
- Material Identification and Control
- Material Identification Code
- Mates in Construction (Australia)
- Mathematics in Context
- Maximum Import Capacity (electric power)
- Maximum Inhibitory Concentration
- Maximum Inscribed Circle
- McAfee India Center (Bangalore, India)
- Media and Information Commission (Zimbabwe)
- Media Information Center
Samples in periodicals archive:
The EXOS 505F FDDI controller cards are designed for fiber optic network interface using a single attachment station connection over a media interface connector.
The HP FDDI LanProbe family provides a media interface connector (MIC) interface for connectivity to multimode optical fiber 62.