[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] The National Governing Council of the Media Institute of Southern Africa has appointed Ngamane Karuaihe-Upi, the current programmes manager, as the acting national director of the local chapter, for the foreseeable future.
What does MISA stand for?
MISA stands for Media Institute of Southern Africa
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of MISA
We have 55 other meanings of MISA in our Acronym Attic
- Maintenance Information System for Quality
- Maintenance of Internal Security Act of 1971 (India)
- MAJCOM Information Systems Architecture
- Management Information Systems Association
- Management of Integrated SDH and ATM Networks
- Managing Information for Student Achievement (Canada)
- Mangueras Industriales Sociedad Anónima (Guatemala)
- McDonnell International Scholars Academy (Washington University; St. Louis, Missouri)
- McGill Iranian Students Association (Canada)
- Media Institute of South Africa
- Microcomputer Industry Suppliers Association
- Mid Illini Surgical Associates (Peoria, IL)
- Military Industrial Supply Agency
- Ministry of Insurance and Social Affairs
- Mortgage Interest Saver Account
- Moscow Institute of Steel and Alloys (Russia)
- Motor Industry Staff Association (South Africa)
- Multiple Input Signature Analyzer
- Multiple Intelligent Software Agents
- Municipal Information Systems Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
On the final day of the summit, convened by Gender Links, Gender and Media Southern Africa and the Media Institute of Southern Africa (MISA), 14 women and 3 men walked off with awards.
ZANU-PF will come out of the congress still limping," said Takura Zhangazha, country director of the Media Institute of Southern Africa said.
While women sources have increased from 17% in the regional Gender and Media Baseline Study (GMBS) conducted by Gender Links (GL) and the Media Institute of Southern Africa (MISA) in 2002 to 19% in the GMMP conducted across 76 countries in 2005, this is below the global average of 22%.
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] Recently, the African Media Barometer Namibia Report was also launched in Windhoek by the Media Institute of Southern Africa (MISA) Namibia Chapter.
They will continue to give direction on Zimbabwe, but they would want the parties to find their own solution to the country's problems," said Takura Zhangazha, a political analyst and director of Media Institute of Southern Africa.
Matthew Haikali, director of the Media Institute of Southern Africa (MISA) in Namibia, questioned the motives behind the inclusion of the interception clause now that the bill is before parliament.
Among the first of these partnerships, Gender Links formed a strategic alliance with the Media Institute of Southern Africa, which it assisted in developing a gender policy and action plan.