Support for IPTV applications will include monitoring and analyzing MPEG-2 streams, accessing them via Internet Group Multicast Protocol (IGMP) and performing true QoS analysis; including the ability to verify packet loss, packet jitter, media delivery index (MDI), distance error and period errors, program clock reference (PCR) jitter, TR 101 290-based statistics and analyze programs and their packet IDs (PIDs) per stream.
What does MDI stand for?
MDI stands for Media Delivery Index (video monitoring)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of MDI
We have 262 other meanings of MDI in our Acronym Attic
- Management of Digital Information (Drexel University; Philadelphia, PA)
- Managing for Daily Improvement
- Manual Data Input
- Manual Data Interchange
- Markaz-Ud-Dawa-Wal-Irshad (Muslim organization, India)
- Market Development Index
- Marketing Dimensions, Inc. (est. 1999)
- Maximum Demand Indicator (electricity)
- Mean Daily Intake
- Mechanical Design Integration
- Media Dependent Interface
- Media Dynamics, Inc. (Nutley, NJ)
- Medical Devices International (Alpharetta, GA)
- Medically-Determined Impairment
- Medium Dependent Interface (IEEE)
- Meets Design Intent (Ford Motor Company)
- Meldpunt Discriminatie Internet (Dutch: Internet Discrimination Hotline)
- Memory Display Interface
- Mental Developmental Index
- Mentor, Discover, Inspire (men's group)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The V-Factor platform now exhibits extended monitoring capabilities including RFC 4445 Media Delivery Index (MDI) support, a streamlined user interface based on a new theme, easier navigation, detailed reporting and alarm information and an updated Web Service integration layer.
264, Windows Media (TM) 9, and VoIP as well as media delivery index (MDI) measurements (see today's related announcement) simultaneously over hundreds of media streams.
Measurements include throughput, latency, jitter, Mean Opinion Score (MOS), and Media Delivery Index (MDI).
Quantify IPTV service delivery performance over the VPLS network with measurements including media delivery index (MDI), channel zapping (latency) and IGMP join/leave delay.
N2X can uniquely test the scalability limits of each network device, as defined by RFC 4445, by measuring Media Delivery Index (MDI) delay factor and loss metrics on a per-subscriber basis.
10 release of IxChariot introduces new video stream emulation with dedicated video quality assessment via the Media Delivery Index (MDI) metric.
SAN DIEGO -- The Media Delivery Index (MDI) for measuring and monitoring Internet Protocol (IP) based networks is being endorsed by the IP Video Quality Alliance (IPVQA) for insuring subscribers the highest quality of experience of Video over IP and IPTV services.