MechWarrior 2 and its related add-ons have accounted for more than $70m in sales according to Microsoft.
What does MW2 stand for?
MW2 stands for Mechwarrior 2 (game)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of MW2
- Montana Wheat & Barley Committee
- My Wife and Kids (TV show)
- Morrisville Water and Light (Vermont, USA)
- Megawatt Electric
- Megawatt Thermal
- Moving-Window Finite-Difference Time-Domain
- Multi-Wavelength Fiber Optical Parametric Oscillator (optics)
- Multi-Wavelength Optical Code Division Multiple Access
- Muscle Weight to Body Weight
- Modern Warfare 2 (gaming)
- MechWarrior 3 (MicroProse/Microsoft game)
- Modern Warfare 3 (Call of Duty video game)
- Mechwar3d (game)
- Monkey World 3D (gaming)
- MechWarrior 4 (game)
- Middleware for Service Oriented Computing (workshop)
- Average Megawatt (also seen as aMW)
- Macon Water Authority (Macon, GA)
- Maine Windjammer Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
At Activision, he spearheaded production efforts for such leading interactive franchises as MechWarrior 2 and Vigilante8/Interstate for both the PC and video game platforms.
The recently formed development company is headed by James Anhalt and Ronald Millar, two experienced and accomplished programmers and designers who between them have held prominent positions on a number of hit games including Diablo, Warcraft II, MechWarrior 2 and Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure.
More than 100 titles from the world's leading game developers have been developed for or ported to the PowerVR architecture, including industry sales leaders such as Wipeout, Tomb Raider, MDK and MechWarrior 2.
Sequel to Best-Selling MechWarrior 2 Ships to 10,000 Stores LOS ANGELES, Oct.
Other multi-player games, including such perennial favorites as Quake, Warcraft 2, Diablo, Commanche 3 and Mechwarrior 2 are also available for play on HEAT.
99 Apocalypse 3D game pack includes a PowerVR-based 3-D accelerator card and specially-optimized PowerVR game titles, including Ultim@te Race from Kalisto and MechWarrior 2 from Activision.
The new Apocalypse 3Dx pack, due to hit the retail market later this quarter, includes an NEC PCX2 accelerator card; four PowerVR-optimized games, including WipeOut 2097 from Psygnosis, ULTIM@TE RACE from Kalisto, Resident Evil from Capcom and MechWarrior 2 from Activision; and PowerSGL and Microsoft Direct3D drivers.