The T65 mechanized flamethrower vehicle was an experimental vehicle derived from the AUV/APC vehicle class that was recommended for a variety of roles by the Ordnance Branch in the early 1950s.
What does MFT stand for?
MFT stands for Mechanized Flamethrower
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of MFT
We have 144 other meanings of MFT in our Acronym Attic
- Massachusetts Federation of Teachers
- Master File Table (Microsoft NTFS)
- Master File Transaction Code (IRS)
- Master Fitness Trainer (US Army qualification)
- Master of Foreign Trade (degree; India)
- Materiel Fielding Team
- Mature Fine Tailings
- Maximal Fairness Theorem
- Mean Field Theory (neural net)
- Meando Fuera del Tarro
- Media Fill Test (sterility assurance method)
- Media Fusion Technologies (Boyertown, Pennsylvania multi-media marketing company)
- Medical Field Services Technician (US Navy)
- Message Format Translation
- Metaalwaren Fabriek Tilburg (Dutch: Metal Wares Factory Tilburg; Tilburg, Netherlands)
- Metallic Facilities Terminal
- Meter Fix Time
- Micro Four Thirds (photography)
- Micro-Fading Tester
- Ministry of Fair Trading (Australia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The other tank, the M4A1 POA-CWS-H5, was operated by five Soldiers and was armed with both a 75-millimeter cannon and a coaxial M5-4 (E12-7R1) mechanized flamethrower that was developed by the Standard Oil Development Company.
Thickened fuels such as napalm yielded less promising results with the E3 and, as a result, the use of the mechanized flamethrower was discontinued.