A relevant indicator for CHP reliability was the yearly mean time to failure (total or partial) of the CHP installations.
What does MTTF stand for?
MTTF stands for Mean Time To Failure
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MTTF
We have 10 other meanings of MTTF in our Acronym Attic
- Mean Time To Detect
- Mean Transit Time for Dye (anesthesiology)
- Middle Tennessee Tres Dias (Christian service group)
- Mean Time To Data Loss (time in years before disk failure is likely to cause data loss in a RAID4 or RAID5 disk configuration)
- Mean Time to Error
- Mean Time to Execution
- Manhattan Traffic Task Force (New York Police Department)
- Maryland Technology Transfer Fund (now Maryland Technology Transfer and Commercialization Fund; research and development funding)
- Mauritius Tamil Temples Federation (est. 1960; Mauritius)
- Mean Time to Fail (software measure)
- Military Transformation Task Force (San Antonio, TX)
- Mean Time To First Failure
- Morgan Technology Transportation Futures Program (Federal Highway Administration)
- Machine Tool Technology Group (UK)
- Transfer RNA, Mitochondrial, Glycine
- Massage Therapy Training Institute (Kansas City, MO)
- Mean Time to Identification (computing)
- Mean Time to Install
- Mean Time to Interrupt
- Mechanical Transport Training Institute (India)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Black, who died in 2004, is noted for the equation he introduced and attached to his name ("Black's Equation") that relates the mean time to failure for electromigration to the mechanism drivers of current density and metallization temperature; or in general layman's terms when an electronic component design will likely fail due to electromigration concerns.
Additionally, GaAs MESFET technology is inherently reliable with mean time to failure routinely exceeding 1 million hours (over 100 years at +85 degrees C).