Annual Failure Rate (AFR) and Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF) are common examples.
What does MBTF stand for?
MBTF stands for Mean Time Between Failures (computer hardware)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of MBTF
- Model-Based Temperature Control (semiconductors)
- More Bench-Tested Circuits (Tom Larsen book)
- Mound Bayou Telephone Company (Mound Bayou, MS)
- Miniature Bull Terrier Club of America
- Main Battle Tank Distribution
- Mission Based Test Design
- Main Battle Tank Distribution or Redistribution Plan
- Methyl Tertiary-Butyl Ether (fuel additive)
- Myelin Basic Protein Transcription Element (genetics)
- MackBrown-TexasFootball.com (sports website)
- Minnesota Building Trades Federal Credit Union
- Molecular Biosciences Training Grant (University of Wisconsin-Madison)
- Moscow Business Telephone Guide
- Material by the Hour (service contract)
- Methyl-2-Benzothiazolinone Hydrazone
- Manhattan Beach Trading, Inc. (financial services holding company)
- Mung Bean Trypsin Inhibitor
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator
- Mesial-Basal Temporal Lobe Epilepsy
- More Balls Than Most (juggling training; Amsterdam, The Netherlands)
Samples in periodicals archive:
However, according to marketing manager Kenneth Vaughan, reliability studies have demonstrated a 40% improvement in mean time between failures from 1990 to 1991.
Expanding clusters of commoditized servers has resulted in higher failure rates and lower mean time between failures (MTBF) because of the large number of nodes and the length of time users want to run parallel applications.
Additionally, the VLT150 Series meets all major industry EMC and safety specifications, all with reliability of over 100,000 hours mean time between failures.
With no moving parts and no laser diode, the EV10 has a longer life than any laser scanner; with a mean time between failures (MTBF) of more than 250,000 hours.
1 GB of data, the new drive provides exceptional reliability with mean time between failures (MTBF) of 100,000 power-on hours, and a mean swaps before failures (MSBF) of 750,000 cycles, making it the ideal storage solution for high capacity nearline storage environments.
The new drives provide exceptional reliability with a mean time between failures (MTBF) of 100,000 power-on hours, and a mean swaps before failures (MSBF) of 750,000 cycles, making them an ideal storage solution for heavy duty jukebox applications.
The fleet experience gives us confidence that the 131-9(A) will exceed our goal of providing at least 10,000 hours mean time between failures and 8,500 hours mean time between chargeable unscheduled removals," said Mark Kaiser, 131-9 program manager, AlliedSignal Aerospace Engines & Systems.