Also, the new vertical lift bridge will provide for a minimum vertical clearance of 70-feet above Mean High Water (MHW) EL 2.
What does MHW stand for?
MHW stands for Mean High Water
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MHW
We have 14 other meanings of MHW in our Acronym Attic
- Maximal Height of Vertical Jump
- Mid-Hudson Valley Linux Users Group (New York)
- Main High Voltage Power Supply
- Mechanical Heart Valve Replacement
- Mouse Hepatitis Virus Receptor
- Multimedia, Hypermedia, and Virtual Reality (book)
- Mid-Hudson Vegetarian Society (New York State, USA)
- Mitteilungen des Historischen Vereins des Kantons Schwyz
- Mill Hill Vocabulary Test
- Masonry Headwall
Samples in periodicals archive:
4) An ECL is determined according to the criteria set forth by the act (5) and reflects the mean high water line on the date of the survey.
On October 17, 2005, following Hurricane Katrina, Mississippi passed legislation allowing casinos to be built up to 800 hundred feet from the mean high water line of certain bodies of water.
All non-water dependent structures will be set 100 feet from the mean high water line.
The crux of the issue was whether it would be placed at approximately the mean high water mark or amended, as proposed by Arvida, and moved further out in places to take in areas of shallow water the developer either owned or hoped to acquire.
On October 17, 2005, following Hurricane Katrina, Mississippi Governor Haley Barbour signed a bill into law that permits casinos to be built on land up to 800-feet from the mean high water line of certain bodies of water.
The vertical alignment for the barrow bridge allows a 36m clearance envelope above mean high water spring for the navigation channel of the river.
While many beach visitors believe that public sand begins seaward of the dune line or the line where vegetation ends and bare sand starts, regardless of whether the upland property owner is a private individual or public entity, in Florida, the part of the beach falling landward of the mean high water mark is typically owned by the owner of the adjacent lot.