In 2008 the provisional mean age at marriage for never-married men was 32.
What does MAM stand for?
MAM stands for Mean Age at Marriage (statistic)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MAM
We have 233 other meanings of MAM in our Acronym Attic
- Master of Arts in Music (various schools)
- Matamoros, Tamaulipas, Mexico - Servando Canales (Airport Code)
- Materiel Acquisition Management
- Math Awareness Month (est. 1986)
- Mathematics Awareness Month
- Maurice Alexander Management (Australia)
- Maximum Allocation Model
- Maximum Authorised Mass (UK)
- Maya Abdominal Massage
- Media Asset Management (aka Digital Asset Management, DAM)
- Media Auxiliary Memory
- Medical Association of Malta
- Medium Automotive Maintenance
- Meeting after Meeting
- Meprin/A5-Protein/PTP(Protein Tyrosine Phosphatase)mu
- Merton Abbey Mills (UK)
- Metal-Air-Metal (capacitors)
- Meter Asset Manager (UK)
- Miami Art Museum
Samples in periodicals archive:
In a case-control study of 200 participants with and without cervical cancer, among whom the mean age at marriage was 15 years, HPV was detected in 97% of the cases and 40% of the controls.
There is a time lag of several years between the mean age at leaving school and the mean age at marriage for Mayan girls.
The singulate mean age at marriage of females in 1961 was 16 and is above 22 years today.
Consequently, the age of marriage was unusually high in Iceland in the nineteenth century; toward the end of the century the mean age at marriage for grooms was 30.
Essentially, the approach is an extension of Hajnal's method for using proportions single to estimate singulate mean age at marriage [Hajnal (1954)].
5) MEAN AGE AT MARRIAGE Although marriage is religiously and socially desirable the age at marriage, besides other factors is also determined by the availability of an appropriate match for young women.
In the other republics within European Russia (including Georgia) mean age at marriage in 1900 lay between 19.