org/IRSreimbursement, provides rules (or employees who are reimbursed for lodging, meals and incidental expenses, or meals and incidental expenses only, while traveling away from home, to substantiate the expenses by per diem allowance rather than actual expenses.
What does M&IE stand for?
M&IE stands for Meals and Incidental Expenses (various organizations)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of M&IE
- Medical and Global Survival
- Mason and Hangar
- Middletown & Hummelstown Railroad
- Medium and Heavy Commercial Vehicle (market sector)
- Maintenance & Inspection (various companies)
- Management and Integrating
- Mapping and Imagery
- Marshall & Ilsley Corporation (Milwaukee, WI bank)
- Modernization & Improvement
- Municipal and Industrial
- Miscellaneous and Incidental Expenses (various organizations)
- Management And Integration Plan
- Maintenance & Logistics
- Malkamaki and Leib (communications channel bound)
- Mario & Luigi (video game)
- Moon and Lola (jewelry company; North Carolina)
- Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (video game)
- Mission and Launch Control
- Madden & Michaels (Monday Night Football)
- Mahindra & Mahindra Limited (Mumbai, India automaker)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Daily travel expense allowances, set by the US State Department, vary widely: lawmakers who go to Sydney can get 163 dollars for meals and incidental expenses, while those who go to Kabul can claim just 28 dollars.
In October, the IRS provided an optional method by which employees and self-employed individuals may compute the amounts deemed paid or incurred for business meals and incidental expenses for which they are not reimbursed.
Based on GSA's review and analysis of meals, the meals and incidental expenses (M&IE) increased in over 400 cities.
Revenue procedure 96-64 says 40% of a per diem paid for lodging, meals and incidental expenses is treated as having been paid for food and beverages when the amount is less than the federal rate.
94-77, 96-28 and 96-64) treats the per-diem allowances as being paid only for meals and incidental expenses (M&IE).
Lodging in these locations is paid by the government up to a set limit and reimbursement for meals and incidental expenses range from a low of $30 to a high of $46.
For reimbursement of their lodging, meals and incidental expenses (M&IE) at the site ("travel expenses"), W paid an hourly amount to those employees who lived more than 100 miles away from the site, in addition to their hourly wage.