The third communications upgrade at McMurdo supports several missions that use the station for satellite downlink, including the NASA Near Earth Network Sciences (NENS) McMurdo Ground Station, the European Organisation for the Exploitation of Meteorological Satellites (EUMETSAT) polar-orbiting MetOp satellite mission, and the U.
What does MGS stand for?
MGS stands for McMurdo Ground Station
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of MGS
We have 172 other meanings of MGS in our Acronym Attic
- Marine Geophysical Survey
- Marine Graphics System
- Marriott Global Source
- Mars Global Surveyor
- Maryland Geological Survey
- Master Gunnery Sergeant (USMC)
- Master of Gerontological Studies (Miami University; Ohio)
- Mat Ground Surfacing
- Matching Grant Scheme (various organizations)
- Mayo Graduate School of Medicine
Samples in periodicals archive:
EST, as the spacecraft passed over the McMurdo Ground Station in Antarctica.
The NSF's Polar programs will utilize these CSOC services to enable scientists to transfer, rapidly and efficiently, the large quantities of scientific data gathered each day at the South Pole's McMurdo Ground Station.