The industry, however, is largely unregulated and home-stay "parents" who take fees from foreign students "are considered custodians, not legal guardians, and have no legal obligation to nurture youth," the University of British Columbia and non-profit McCreary Centre Society researchers noted in calling for government oversight of the sector.
What does MCS stand for?
MCS stands for McCreary Centre Society (Canada)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of MCS
We have 750 other meanings of MCS in our Acronym Attic
- Master of the Cheirological Society of Great Britain
- Master's College and Seminary (various locations)
- Material Certification System
- Material Control System
- Mathematics in Computer Science (journal)
- Matra Club Suisse (French: Switzerland Matra Club; automobile club; Switzerland)
- Maximal Common Substructure
- Maximum Continuous Speed (rotating machine)
- Maxwell-Chern-Simons (theory)
- Mayo Clinic Study
- McMaster-Carr Supply (Elmhurst, IL)
- Meaford Community School
- Mechanical Circulatory Support
- Mechanical Contracting Services (Ontario, Canada)
- Media Convergence Server (Cisco)
- Media Conversion Subsystem
- Media Corporation of Singapore
- Medical Center Service (Italy)
- Medical Center System
- Medium Close Shot (videography)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A Canadian study of 77 lesbian, gay, and bisexual youth conducted by the McCreary Centre Society (1999) in British Columbia found: ** Almost 50% of the youth surveyed reported suicide attempts, with over 50% of these youth identifying a history of sexual and/or physical abuse.
Province, British Columbia, Canada: McCreary Centre Society.