She was housed at The Dochas Centre on Dublin's North Circular Road for the past 18 months but had to be moved to the Shannonside jail because it is a maximum security unit.
What does MSU stand for?
MSU stands for Maximum Security Unit (prison)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of MSU
We have 179 other meanings of MSU in our Acronym Attic
- Management and Science University (Malaysia)
- Management Station for ULTRIX (DEC)
- Management Station for Unix
- Management Support Unit
- Marine Safety Unit
- Marshal of the Soviet Union (Russia)
- Maseru, Lesotho - Maseru (Airport Code)
- Mass Storage Unit
- Master Supervisory Unit (Alcatel)
- Matrix Switching Unit (Paragon)
- Maxxpro Survivability Upgrade (US Army)
- Mayville State University (North Dakota)
- McMaster Student Union
- McNeese State University
- McNeese State University (Lake Charles, Louisiana)
- Mécanisme de Supervision Unique (French: Single Supervisory Mechanism; EU)
- Media Server Unit
- Medical Service Unit
- Medical Statistics Unit (various locations)
- Medical Support Unit (various organizations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Some of Papua New Guinea's most notorious criminals have escaped from a maximum security unit just ahead of a visit by US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, officials said Wednesday.
Around a dozen alleged extremists are locked up together inside a maximum security unit at the prison, near Evesham, which was used in the 1980s to cage IRA militants.
Henderson spent three weeks in a maximum security unit in an adult jail among murderers, thieves and drug dealers because the island has no juvenile facility.
Tucker Maximum Security Unit, Arkansas Department of Correction)
The killer spent three hours away from the maximum security unit at Maghull last night to be at the bedside of his mother Peggy at a Manchester hospital.
Paul Hudson, who worked at the Tucker Maximum Security Unit, has filed suit against David Guntharp, assistant director of prisons; Greg Harmon, warden of Tucker Max; Steve Outlaw, assistant warden; and James Gibson, an internal affairs investigator.
I did a seven-and-a-half-year sentence, and some years later a 12-year sentence for armed robbery, which took me to most of the maximum security units in the country.