We then noticed that the maximum inspiratory pressure that could be delivered was only 20 cm[H.
What does MIP stand for?
MIP stands for Maximum Inspiratory Pressure (measure of respiratory muscle strength)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MIP
We have 380 other meanings of MIP in our Acronym Attic
- Master Inservice Plan (Florida)
- Master Intelligence Plan
- Mastercard Interface Processor (global payments network)
- Material in Process
- Material Index Page
- Material/Military Improvement Plan/Program
- Materiel Improvement Project
- Maximal Implantation Potential (in-vitro fertilization)
- Maximum Incidental Pressure
- Maximum Information Principle
- Maximum Intensity Projection
- Measure and Improve Performance
- Measurement Index Performance
- Med-I-Pant, Inc. (healthcare products company)
- Medial Intraparietal
- Medicaid Integrity Program (US DHHS)
- Medical Insurance Plan (various organizations)
- Medium Interface Point (ITS)
- Meet in Person
- Meinl International Power (Austria)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Respiratory muscle strengths were assessed using a digital mouth pressure meter (MPM, Sensor Medics) and measurement of maximum inspiratory pressure (MIP) and maximum expiratory pressure (MEP) were obtained using the method of Black and Hyatt (9).
2004) conducted a study that examined the effect of a 16 week sit-up and biceps curl training program on various respiratory measures including diaphragm thickness, maximum inspiratory pressure (MIP) and maximum expiratory pressure (MEP).