The following pulmonary function tests were performed for each subject using a Med-Graphics [TM] metabolic cart and Breeze Software [TM]: forced vital capacity (FVC), forced expiratory volume in one second (FEV1), slow vital capacity (SVC), maximum volitional ventilation (MVV), maximum inspiratory pressure (MIP), and maximum expiratory pressure (MEP).
What does MEP stand for?
MEP stands for Maximum Expiratory Pressure
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MEP
We have 316 other meanings of MEP in our Acronym Attic
- Marine Environmental Protection
- Marine Expeditionary Force
- Market Energy Price
- Mars Exploration Program
- Master Entry Plan
- Master Evaluation Plan
- Master Exercise Practitioner
- Master of Environmental Planning (Arizona State University degree)
- Mature Equivalent of Protein
- Maximum Entropy Principle
- Maximum Extent Possible
- Maximum Extent Practicable
- Maximum Extent Practical
- Mean Effective Pressure
- Mechanical, Electrical and Plant (construction)
- Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing (engineering services)
- Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing (architectural)
- Media and Editorial Productions
- Media Embedded Processor
- Medical Education Partnership (Schofield Media Europe Ltd.)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Respiratory muscle strengths were assessed using a digital mouth pressure meter (MPM, Sensor Medics) and measurement of maximum inspiratory pressure (MIP) and maximum expiratory pressure (MEP) were obtained using the method of Black and Hyatt (9).
2004) conducted a study that examined the effect of a 16 week sit-up and biceps curl training program on various respiratory measures including diaphragm thickness, maximum inspiratory pressure (MIP) and maximum expiratory pressure (MEP).