com/prnh/20121022/NE95914) The maturity of the BattleGuard system was demonstrated at a live-fire exercise on an A3 Bradley Fighting Vehicle by engaging troop and vehicle targets at ranges that approach the maximum effective ranges of the weapon systems.
What does MER stand for?
MER stands for Maximum Effective Range
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MER
We have 173 other meanings of MER in our Acronym Attic
- Maritime Environmental Response
- Market Exchange Rate
- Marketing and External Relations (various locations)
- Marketing Education Review (journal)
- Marketing Expense Ratio (finance)
- Marriage Enrichment Requirement (Marine Corps chaplains)
- Mars Exploration Rover (NASA)
- Materials and Electrochemical Research (Tucson, Arizona)
- Materials Examination Report
- Mathematics and Education Reform
- Maximum Efficient Rate
- Maximum Error Rate
- McDaniel Executive Recruiters
- Mechanical Equipment Room
- Media Efficiency Ratio (advertising)
- Medicaid Estate Recovery (est. 1995)
- Medical Education and Research (exam)
- Medical Education Resources (Littleton, Colorado)
- Medical Evidence of Record (US SSA)
- Medical Examiner's Report (insurance)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The first contract was awarded to in 2008 by Darpa and is known as One Shot, the system intent being "to allow snipers to hit targets with the first round, under crosswind conditions, up to the maximum effective range of the weapon" according to a Darpa document.
Cutting-edge new arrow and broadhead designs are extending the average bowhunter's maximum effective range via truer flight, lethal cutting performance and dramatically increased downrange energy.
Maximum effective range is 50 meters and weight is 2.
As a rifle hunter, I figured the maximum effective range of a particular caliber was the range at which the bullet drops below 2,000 feet per second (fps).
The maximum effective range of the 82-mm mortar is about four kilometers.
Mike Griffiths mentions that anybody can go into a gunsmiths and purchase the most powerful weapon without explaining that the power of the most powerful airgun one can purchase without a firearms certificate is already strictly controlled by government legislation and that its maximum effective range is likely to be no more than 50 yards.
4-ounce unit, has a maximum effective range on reflective targets of 800 yards.