Detection of Escherichia coli using immunomagnetic separation and bacteriophage amplification coupled with matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization time-of-flight mass spectrometry.
What does MALDITOF stand for?
MALDITOF stands for Matrix-Assisted Laser Desorption/Ionization Time-Of-Flight (mass spectroscopy)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Multi-Array Laser Diode (thermal imaging)
- Medicare Advanced Laboratory Diagnostics Act
- Michigan Association of Learning Disabilities Educators
- Mexican American Legal Defense and Education Fund (est. 1968)
- Mexican American Legal Defense Fund
- Matrix-Assisted Laser Desorption/Ionization
- Minority Adoption Leadership Development Institute (National Resource Center for Adoption)
- Matrix assisted Laser Desorption Ionisation Mass Spectrometry
- Matrix Assisted Laser Desorption Ionization - Time of Flight
- Matrix Assisted Laser Desorption Ionization Mass Spectrometry
- Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock Development and Marketing (Nairobi, Kenya)
- Married and Losing Everything
- Medium Altitude Long Endurance (unmanned aerial vehicles)
- Mens Advice Line and Enquiries (UK)
- Modified Adaptive Line Enhancement (biomedical engineering)
- Mothers Against Lousy Education (Egypt)
- Moyenne Altitude Longue Endurance (French: Medium Altitude Long Endurance; military aviation)
- Modular Assembly in Low Earth Orbit
- Medium Altitude Long Endurance Tactical (unmanned aerial vehicle)
- Magyar Légiközlekedési Vállalat (Hungarian Airlines)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Analysis of microbial mixtures by matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization time-of-flight mass spectrometry.
Simon Lin, manager of the Duke Bioinformatics Shared Resource, led off the session by presenting the results of a study he and colleagues recently completed proposing an improved method of data classification in proteomics-based research using matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization time-of-flight (MALDI-TOF) mass spectrometry, an enhanced version of the original technology used for protein identification.
Preanalytical impact of sample handling on proteome profiling experiments with matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization time-of-flight mass spectrometry.
Standard protein techniques such as ion-exchange HPLC and isoelectric focusing (IEF) on polyacrylamide gel can detect many Hb variants (2), but correct identification of single mutated, inserted, or deleted amino acid residues requires more sophisticated techniques, such as electrospray ionization mass spectrometry (ESI-MS) or matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization time-of-flight mass spectrometry (MALDI-TOF MS) (3-5).
Each fraction is subjected to matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization time-of-flight mass spectrometry (MALDI-TOF-MS; Fig.
Peptide-mass profiles of polyvinylidene difluoride-bound proteins by matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization time-of-flight mass spectrometry in the presence of nonionic detergents.
5) used matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization time-of-flight (MALDI-TOF) mass spectrometry to directly detect the PCR products.