Where the United States slumped below average was in mathematics literacy, scoring 487, which was measurably lower than the OECD average of 496.
What does MLIT stand for?
MLIT stands for Mathematics Literacy (South Africa)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of MLIT
- Master of Library and Information Science
- Masters of Library and Information Studies
- Medical/Legal Information Services
- Molecular Laser Isotope Separation
- Multilingual Information Society
- Multiple Listing Information Service (real estate)
- Memory Lymphocyte Immuno-Stimulation Assay
- Master of Library and Information Science (degree)
- Mason Lake Intermediate School District (Michigan)
- Maritime Littoral Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport (Japan)
- Money Laundering Investigation Team
- My Life Is Twilight (website)
- Master of Letters
- Money Laundering Investigation Unit (UK and Ireland)
- Multiple Link Interface Unit
- Modern Life Is War (band)
- Modified Levantine Intermediate Water
- Main-Lobe Jamming
- Malayan Law Journal (Malayan Law Journal Sdn Bhd)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Reading literacy scores among 15-year-olds in Ireland has declined significantly and mathematics literacy was significantly below the OECD average.
Moreover, in 2006, the Program for International Student Assessment (PISA) concluded that the average 15-year-old student in the United States scored below the average student from 57 other nations in mathematics literacy (Baldi, Jin, Skemer, Green, & Herget, 2007).
He defines it as "a national mathematics literacy effort aimed at helping low income students and students of color--particularly African American students--successfully achieve mathematical skills that are a prerequisite for full citizenship in the Information Age.
Middle schools in Orange, Volusia and Seminole Counties adding DimensionM[TM] software to supplement math curriculum and engage students NEW YORK -- Mathematics literacy is a serious problem in the United States according to a recent report published by the National Mathematics Advisory Panel.
In this second cycle, PISA 2003, mathematics literacy was the subject area assessed in depth, along with the new cross-curricular area of problem solving.
The proposals come at a time when the nation's 15-year-olds are performing below the international average in mathematics literacy and problem-solving, with the U.
In the Program for International Student Assessment conducted by the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, American 15-year-olds fell below the international average in mathematics literacy and problem-solving among industrialized countries.