April 22, 2009 /PRNewswire/ -- Raytheon Company celebrated Math Awareness Month by awarding 150 middle school students, including 33 from Massachusetts, each with a $1,000 scholarship they can use toward a math, science or technology camp or program this summer.
What does MAM stand for?
MAM stands for Math Awareness Month (est. 1986)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of MAM
We have 233 other meanings of MAM in our Acronym Attic
- Management Authorized Material (material planning)
- Marketing Area Manager
- Marketing Asset Management
- Marmara Arastirma Merkezi (Turkish: Marmara Research Center)
- Mars Aeronomy Mission
- Master of Administrative Management
- Master of Arts in Management
- Master of Arts in Music (various schools)
- Matamoros, Tamaulipas, Mexico - Servando Canales (Airport Code)
- Materiel Acquisition Management
Samples in periodicals archive:
Math Awareness Month 2003 will celebrate these connections with the theme Mathematics and Art.
Gray continued, "DreamBox Learning is using Math Awareness Month as a springboard to ignite excitement among teachers, parents and kids about the importance of early math, how it is part of our everyday lives and how it can be fun to learn and apply.
Math Awareness Month is sponsored by the Joint Policy Board for Mathematics, which selected "Mathematics and Voting" as the theme for 2008.
Raytheon's Math Match competition for Math Awareness Month is part of the company's education initiative, MathMovesU.
In the news release, Raytheon Unveils Online Video Game for Middle School Students to Test Their Math Skills During Math Awareness Month, issued earlier today by Raytheon over PR Newswire, we are advised by the company that the headline should read "Raytheon Unveils Online Competition for Middle School Students .