Interim Support - A subset of item introduction, involves supply and inventory management support for a new or modified weapon systems/equipment provided from Initial Operational Capability (IOC) date to Material Support Date (MSD).
What does MSD stand for?
MSD stands for Material Support Date
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of MSD
We have 362 other meanings of MSD in our Acronym Attic
- Marsh Sound Design (Corte Madera, CA)
- Maryland School for the Deaf
- Marysville School District (Washington)
- Mass Selective Detector
- Mass Storage Device
- Master of Science in Dentistry
- Master SCUBA Diver
- Master Slave Determination
- Material Selection Diagram
- Material Support Data
- Material Support Division
- Materials Science Division
- Maximum Standard Deviation (statistics)
- McComb School District (Mississippi)
- Mean Sac Diameter (gestational sac measurement)
- Mean Shortest Distance (statistics)
- Mean Square Deviation
- Mean Square Displacement (physics)
- Media System Design (academic program)
- Medical Stores Department
Samples in periodicals archive:
While it seems clear that DoD can no longer afford the old paradigm that sees them buying a product for a set price and then continuing to pay the original equipment manufacturer until they get it right, the reality is that in many cases, reliability is traded away for operational performance and the PBL process is not started before the material support date is reached.
Through their outstanding efforts the Marines were able to successfully deploy early the Y/Z prior to their Material Support Date.