It was one of many schemes dreamed up by wartime British spy chiefs, who were masters of deception.
What does MOD stand for?
MOD stands for Masters of Deception (hacker group)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of MOD
We have 171 other meanings of MOD in our Acronym Attic
- March of Dimes Birth Defects Foundation
- Marine Operations Division
- Maritime Operations Division (Australia)
- Market Overview Document (marketing)
- MARS Operating Directive
- Mask of Destiny (Lego Bionicle fan site)
- Massachusetts Office on Disability
- Master of Diguise (Nintendo Developers' System game)
- Master of Disaster
- Master's of Destruction (gaming clan)
Samples in periodicals archive:
unless he can find a way to outwit, outfox and outmaneuver the masters of deception and double-crosses.
The masters of deception, of course, are politicians.
As someone who has worked with hundreds of psychopaths, I know these men to be very resistant to changing their behaviour - although they are masters of deception and so often given the impression that they have changed when in fact they have not.
again, as self-styled masters of deception Albert (Robert Vaughn), Danny (Marc Warren), Mickey (Adrian Lester), Ash (Robert Glenister) and Stacie (Jaime Murray) attempt to outwit a corrupt police officer (Fay Ripley) and Stacie's estranged husband (Max Beesley).
Scholes' verdict is that refs, including England's Graham Poll, will have their work cut out to decide whether players were really fouled - or are masters of deception.
The Chinese are masters of deception and proponents of suspense.
There are an abundance of books on the subject, and certain people--namely sociopaths--are masters of deception.