Moreover, a truly patient-centric IHR uses a master patient index with a record locator to collect all regional data on a patient from multiple providers, if the proper authorizations are obtained.
What does MPI stand for?
MPI stands for Master Patient Index (health care)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MPI
We have 340 other meanings of MPI in our Acronym Attic
- Manufacturing Processing Instructions
- Manufacturing Production Index (statistic; various locations)
- Marginal Propensity to Invest
- Marine Pollution Incident
- Mariner Partners, Inc. (Canada)
- Market Penetration Index (economics)
- Martin Prosperity Institute (Canada)
- Martin-Puplett Interferometer
- Mass Psychogenic Illness
- Master Painters Institute
- Mathematics, Physics and Informatics (various schools)
- Max Planck Innovation (Germany)
- Max-Planck-Institut (Institutes of the Max-Planck-Gesellschaft; Germany)
- Maximum Permitted Intake (EPA)
- Maximum Possible Intensity
- Mean Point of Impact
- Mechanical Piping Isometrics
- Medical Pedagogical Institution (Belgium)
- Medisch Pedagogisch Instituut
- Medizinisch-Psychologisches Institut (Germany)
Samples in periodicals archive:
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] Smart CIOs are avoiding--or at least minimizing--these issues by establishing an enterprise master patient index (EMPI), a central repository of information that contains a unique identifier for every patient.
Sun Debuts B2B-Enabled Electronic Master Patient Index and PACS OEM Offerings at HIMSS 2007 NEW ORLEANS, HIMSS 2007 Conference, Feb.
is deploying Soarian Financials in an effort to integrate the Enterprise Master Patient Index, Patient Access, and Patient Accounting into one system.
Features include easy access to master patient index, duplicate order checking to reduce costs, streamlined operations and tasks, efficient testing process, improved administration and control, and reduced redundancy and inaccuracy with less documentation and duplication of records in separate modules.
18 /PRNewswire/ -- DINMAR, a leading North American healthcare information technology (IT) company, announced today that 14 care delivery organizations throughout eastern Ontario have contracted with DINMAR to implement the Oacis Enterprise Master Patient Index (EMPI) in order to link disparate patient information systems across the region.
com/ 310ht-227 310ht-228 Product Name Filopto Amicore Practice Integrated Management Management System ASP Yes Accounts payable management Accounts receivable management Yes Yes Coordination of benefits Yes Yes Electronic data Yes Yes Interchange (EDI) Electronic medical record Yes Yes Electronic signature of reports Yes Yes Encoding support Yes Yes Encounter tracking Yes Yes General ledger HIPAA compliance support Yes Yes Interfaces with other systems Yes Yes Master patient index Yes Yes Medication management Yes Online eligibility Yes Order entry Yes Yes Patient scheduling Yes Yes Payroll Purchase orders Yes Referral management Yes Yes Rules-based scheduling Yes Yes Treatment authorization Yes Yes Utilization and quality Yes management Web-based Yes Additional features Medication mgmt.
New capabilities for Children's Mercy will include Intelerad's Master Patient Index to link patient information across sites, InteleViewer(TM) with Multi-Method Reporting embedded voice recognition, the InteleConnect(TM) referring physician portal for mobile results distribution, and DICOM query-retrieve into the facility's incumbent vendor's archive solution to which IntelePACS will send images.