The rover is in very good health considering its 8-1/2 years of hard work on the surface of Mars," said Mars Exploration Rover Project Manager John Callas of NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, Calif.
What does MER stand for?
MER stands for Mars Exploration Rover (NASA)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MER
We have 173 other meanings of MER in our Acronym Attic
- Manpower Estimate Relationship
- Manpower Estimate Report
- Maputo Elephant Reserve (Mozambique)
- Marine Environmental Response (US Coast Guard Marine Safety Office)
- Maritime Environmental Response
- Market Exchange Rate
- Marketing and External Relations (various locations)
- Marketing Education Review (journal)
- Marketing Expense Ratio (finance)
- Marriage Enrichment Requirement (Marine Corps chaplains)
- Materials and Electrochemical Research (Tucson, Arizona)
- Materials Examination Report
- Mathematics and Education Reform
- Maximum Effective Range
- Maximum Efficient Rate
- Maximum Error Rate
- McDaniel Executive Recruiters
- Mechanical Equipment Room
- Media Efficiency Ratio (advertising)
- Medicaid Estate Recovery (est. 1995)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Curiosity is about twice as long and five times as heavy as the Spirit and Opportunity Mars exploration rover payloads of earlier U.
Sand moves by hopping from place to place," said Matthew Golombek, a co-author of the new paper and a member of the Mars Exploration Rover and Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter teams at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, Calif.
95 Hardcover QB641 It's a shame that astronomer Carl Sagan did not live long enough to witness the landing of the Mars exploration rover robots Spirit and Opportunity, and don the attached 3-D viewer ( a bit awkward to use) to see the stunning 3-D color images collected in this book by his Cornell U.
Steve Squyres of Cornell University, principal investigator of the Mars exploration rovers, presented the results of the previous three months' observations at the American Geophysical Union's autumn meeting in San Francisco today.
Bass was also the science operations system engineer for the Mars Exploration Rover project and the MER deputy science team chief.
These include a full-scale model of a Mars Exploration Rover on loan from the US Jet Propulsion Laboratory.
The pictures were sent back by NASA's Mars Exploration Rover Opportunity probe.