The Mars Color Imager on MRO was built by Malin Space Science Systems in San Diego.
What does MARCI stand for?
MARCI stands for Mars Color Imager
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MARCI
We have 2 other meanings of MARCI in our Acronym Attic
- Mid-America Regional Council Emergency Rescue (Kansas City, MO)
- Maryland Assessment Research Center for Education Success
- Massive hemorrhaging, Airway, Respiration, Circulation and Hypothermia (casualty assessment)
- Master of Architecture
- Medically Aware & Responsible Citizens of Hyderabad (India)
- Meiji, Aoyama Gakuin, Rikkyo, Chuo and Hosei (Japanese universities)
- Mid-Atlantic Regional Center for the Humanities (Rutgers University; Camden, NJ)
- Mid-Atlantic Retro Computer Hobbyists (vintage computer user group)
- Multiple Access with Reduced Handshake
- Metodistas Asociados Representando la Causa Hispano-Americanos (Spanish: Methodists Associated Representing the Cause of Hispanic-Americans)
- Multi-host Automation Remote Control and Instrumentation (US government simulation community)
- Medicare Appeals, Regulatory and Contracting Improvements Act of 2001
- Madagascar Resource Centre for Indigenous Knowledge
- Marine Corps Civil Information Management
- Mid-America Regional Council Insurance Trust
- Myristoylated Alanine-Rich C Kinase Substrate
- Mosaic Analysis with A Repressible Cell Marker (drosophila genetics)
- Maritime Consulting
- Massachusetts Association of Community Rehabilitation Organizations, Inc. (formerly MARF)
- Mayors and Regional Chairs of Ontario (Ontario, Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Images taken by the orbiter's Context Camera and Mars Color Imager during the first tests of those instruments at Mars confirm the performance capability of the cameras even though the test images were taken from nearly 10 times as far from the planet as the spacecraft will be once it finishes reshaping its orbit.
Daily weather data for Mars is collected by the orbiter using the Mars Color Imager (MARCI), a camera which monitors the surface and atmosphere of the planet across five visible and two ultraviolet wavelengths.