They travelled to Devon Island, a 45-minute plane ride northeast of Resolute Bay, to take part in the 2002 field season of the Flashline Mars Arctic Research Station, or FMARS.
What does MARS stand for?
MARS stands for Mars Arctic Research Station
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MARS
We have 278 other meanings of MARS in our Acronym Attic
- Manpower Access Report System (US Air Force)
- Marine Accident Reporting Scheme
- Marine Amphibious Reconnaissance System
- Marine Animal Rescue Society
- Marine Aquarist Roundtable of Sacramento (California)
- Mario Andretti Racing School
- Maritime Mobile Access and Retrieval System
- Maritime Surface and Subsurface (Canadian Navy)
- Marketing Accounting Reporting System
- Marketing Activity Reporting Systems (AMSEC)
- Marsian (linguistics)
- Martial Arts Research Systems
- Material Acquisition Resource
- Materials At Risk Survey
- Mathematics Assessment Resource Service (UK)
- McGill Automated Registration Service
- Mechanical Antireflection Switch
- Mediation Arbitration Resolution Services
- Medical and Related Sciences
- Medical and Research Sciences
Samples in periodicals archive:
The project, the Flashline Mars Arctic Research Station (FMARS) run by the Mars Society, sees Emily and five other crew members working in the Mars-like polar desert of Canada's Devon Island.
Emily, who was picked from hundreds of candidates from around the world for a place in the Mars Arctic Research Station, said: "The pod is designed to simulate the extreme conditions found on Mars.