The Markets in Financial Instruments Directive 2004/39/EC (known as "MiFID") is the European Union regulatory apparatus harmonising regulation for investment services across the 30 member states of the European Economic Area (EEA).
What does MFID stand for?
MFID stands for Markets in Financial Instruments Directive
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of MFID
We have 2 other meanings of MFID in our Acronym Attic
- Multicast Forwarding Information Base
- Malaysian Furniture Industry Council
- Micro Flow Innovation Center (applied research; Czech Republic)
- Microfluidics International Corp.
- Military Family Information Center (US Army)
- Military Flight Information Center
- Missionary Franciscan of the Immaculate Conception (religious order)
- Mother Figure in Charge (military; polite form)
- Mutual Fund Investor's Center
- Maternal Fetal Intensive Care Unit
- Middle Fork Irrigation District (Parkdale, OR)
- Most Fertile Intercourse Day (conception)
- Magnetic Field Integral Equation
- Manchester Fungal Infection Group (Manchester, UK)
- MARC (Machine Readable Cataloging) Format Interest Group (libraries)
- Materno-Fetal Immunobiology Group
- Market Forge Industries, Inc. (Everett, MA)
- Multi-Functional (Keyboard) Ii (IBM)
- Mahindra Ford India, Ltd. (Ford Motor Co.)
- Manchester Forum in Linguistics (University of Manchester; Manchester, UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Across the Atlantic, investment managers-and their custody banks-are wrestling with the European Commission's Markets in Financial Instruments Directive, also known as MiFID.
3 /PRNewswire/ -- The Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID) is likely to be one of the greatest legislative changes seen in Europe's securities markets in over two decades.
com), a leading global conferences and research firm, announced today that, according to the two firms' joint second MIFID readiness survey, nearly two thirds of financial services firms have yet fully to identify budgets related to the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID), with under a year to go until its planned implementation in November 2007.
3(R) for MiFID - designed to help banking and trading organisations handle the best execution obligations of the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID).
com), SunGard announced that it will hold a series of in-depth workshops across Europe to help customers get ready for the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID).
1) Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (2) Euroclear Settlement for Euro-Zone Securities www.
com) announced today its strategy to support financial institutions as they prepare for the European Union's Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID) by highlighting its existing solutions that facilitate aspects of MiFID compliance.