We next calculate the market-to-book value of equity to proxy the ex ante growth prospects of the firm.
What does MBV stand for?
MBV stands for Market-to-Book Value (accounting)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of MBV
We have 51 other meanings of MBV in our Acronym Attic
- Module Bus
- Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC
- Manhattan Beach Unified School District (CA, USA)
- Mercedes-Benz United States International (Alabama M-class Plant)
- Microtiter Biopsy Urease Test
- Manhattan Beach Unified Teachers Association (Torrance, CA)
- Mad Brother Visions (Ned the Lighting Technician, UK)
- Main Base Visit
- Managing by Values
- Manual Balancing Valve
- Marshal by Value
- Met Behulp Van (Dutch: with the help of)
- Model Based Vision
- Model-Based Verification
- Modified Bouver-Vogel (aluminum coating fabrication method)
- Motorized Butterfly Valve
- My Bloody Valentine (band)
- Mycobacterium Bovis
- Mission Bay Volleyball Association (California)
- Model Based Vulnerability Analysis (homeland security)
Samples in periodicals archive:
We also test the market-to-book value of the firm to determine whether socially responsible firms are valued differentially in the market (Mackey et al.
According to Marakon (1994), the market-to-book values ratio (M/B) is a function of the return on equity, the growth rate of dividends as well as earnings and the cost of equity.
And indeed, until the early 1980s, the market-to-book value ratio of the S&P 500 companies was about 1-to-1.
A high market-to-book value is considered to be an indicator that the market attaches a high value to the brand.
The number of previous grants, the return on the underlying stocks over the previous 2 years, and the market-to-book value of the shares have strong effects on both the incidence and magnitude of realizations.
Firms with higher market-to-book value tend to have much more aggressive stock option programs, as evidenced by consistently higher flows of new stock option grants.
The bank's market-to-book value ratio is below two.