and Dominican analysts assess that maritime routes are the primary method of smuggling drugs into and out of the country and recent maritime interdiction operations validate this assessment.
What does MIOP stand for?
MIOP stands for Maritime Interdiction Operations
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of MIOP
We have 7 other meanings of MIOP in our Acronym Attic
- Mercer Island On Line
- Microsoft Ireland Operations Limited
- Member of the Institute of Operations Management (UK)
- Mid-Infrared Optoelectronics Materials and Devices
- Memucan Institute of Mens Studies
- Montana Institute of Massage Therapy
- Monocrystalline Iron Oxide Nanocolloid
- Monocrystalline Iron Oxide Nanocompound
- Monocrystalline Iron Oxide Nanoparticles
- Microwave Induced Optical Nuclear Polarization
- Member of the Institute of Printing (UK)
- Multicast Inter-ORB Protocol
- Multiple Input/Output Queue
- Member of the Institute of Operational Risk (UK)
- Member of the Institute of Recruiters (UK)
- Member of the Institute of Roofing (UK)
- Microbial Improved Oil Recovery (energy technology)
- Mobile Interoperable Object Reference
- Maintain Item of Supply (US DoD)
- Marine Invertebrates of Scandinavia
Samples in periodicals archive:
The two-day drill, involving training in search and rescue operations and maritime interdiction operations, will mobilize destroyers, logistics support ships and antisubmarine helicopters, according to a statement made by the ministry last week.
A serious game commissioned by NATO and designed to improve the effectiveness of personnel during Maritime Interdiction Operations will be on show at the Allied Command Transformation Immersive Learning Workshop held at the NATO Modelling & Simulation Centre of Excellence (NATO M&S COE) this week.
Pakistan Navy pilots and aircrews are training with their US Navy counterparts at Patrol Squadron 30 (VP-30), based at NAS Jacksonville to bolster Pakistans search, surveillance and control capabilities in support of maritime interdiction operations, said Alexander.
Navy counterparts at Patrol Squadron 30 (VP-30), based at NAS Jacksonville to "bolster Pakistan's search, surveillance and control capabilities in support of maritime interdiction operations," said Alexander.
Aa Rear Admiral Di Biase, in his farewell speech, said: "The LAF Navy is now taking direct part in the Surveillance and Maritime Interdiction Operations of UNIFIL MTF.
Participants from 11 nations came together, April 8-22, to improve their ability to perform maritime interdiction operations (MIO) individually and in a combined effort.
While the bulk of the unit's training came from the Marines at Camp LeJeune, its maritime interdiction operations team received some training from instructors at NECC.