com) SRI Participates in Tampa Bay Maritime Homeland Security Experiment SRI International recently participated with the U.
What does MHLS stand for?
MHLS stands for Maritime Homeland Security (US)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of MHLS
We have 11 other meanings of MHLS in our Acronym Attic
- McGraw-Hill Learning Network
- Medical Home Leadership Network (est. 1994; Washington)
- Mental Health Liaison Nurse
- Montgomery Home Learning Network (Maryland)
- McGill Health Law Publication (McGill University; Canada)
- Mental Health Law and Policy
- Mental Health, Law, and Policy Institute (Simon Fraser University; Canada; est. 1991)
- Medium/High-Level Resistance
- Mental Health Law Reports (Southside Legal Publishing; UK)
- Mental Health Legislation Reference Group (UK)
- Mental Hygiene Legal Service
- Mid-Hudson Library System (Hudson Valley of New York State)
- Military History Lecture Series (Northern Kentucky University; Highland Heights, KY)
- Modular Horizontal Launching System
- More Haste Less Speed
- Mean Hearing Level at Speech Frequencies
- Mental Health Land Trust (Alaska)
- Minocqua-Hazelhurst-Lake Tomahawk Elementary School (Minocqua, WI)
- Muir Heritage Land Trust (Martinez, CA)
- Ministry of Health and Long Term Care (Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Under the 2002 Maritime Transportation Security Act, the Coast Guard, in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), is the lead federal agency for maritime homeland security (MHLS).
As the lead federal agent for the Maritime Homeland Security, the Coast Guard developed a Maritime Homeland Security Strategy focused on awareness, prevention, protection, response, and recovery.
members of the Operations Directorate also serve on several "integrated process teams" tasked to address issues such as the operational plan to support maritime-domain awareness initiatives, the deployment plan for the Coast Guard's maritime homeland security strategy, and the review now underway to address the Coast Guard's response to incidents involving weapons of mass destruction.
According to MTSA, the Coast Guard, the main federal agency for maritime homeland security, must develop national and regional security plans.
The latter will be a critical enabler for attaining maritime domain awareness--an essential ingredient of maritime homeland security.
They deploy aboard the ships on maritime homeland security patrol to conduct law enforcement boardings of vessels at sea, prior to the vessel's entry into a U.
Existing deepwater forces are technologically obsolescent and not up to the demands of the Coast Guard's critical maritime homeland security and other missions.