As a flag officer he has served as the Canadian Forces' Assistant Chief of Military Personnel and commanded both Maritime Forces Atlantic and Joint Task Force Atlantic.
What does MARLANT stand for?
MARLANT stands for Maritime Forces Atlantic (Canadian)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Marketing Droid
- Modern Army Record-Keeping System
- Markstridsutrustad Soldat (Swedish Project for Development and Acquisition of Equipment for Foot Soldiers)
- Malta Amateur Radio League (Valletta, Malta)
- Manitoba Association for Rights and Liberties (est. 1978; Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada)
- Mercado Abastecedor da Região de Lisboa (Portugal)
- Michigan Animal Rescue League (est. 1953)
- Minnesota Agriculture and Rural Leadership Program (Southwest Minnesota State University; Marshall, MN)
- Musical Acoustics Research Library (Center for Computer Research in Music and Acoustics; Stanford University; Palo Alto, CA)
- Member of the Association of Residential Letting Agents (leasing and property management; UK)
- Multi-Agency Radiological Laboratory Analytical Protocols (United States Nuclear Regulatory Commission)
- Men Always Remember Ladies Because of Romance Only
- Men Always Remember Love Because of Romance Only
- Melbourne Asian Research Libraries Consortium (Australia)
- Marine Corps Reserve Landing Exercise
- Marine Life Information Network
- Multi-Aspect Relevance Linkage Information System
- Marine Liaison Officer
- Marine Logistics (US DoD)
- Manitoba Amateur Radio Museum (Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
He was the Canadian military representative to the NATO Military Committee in the permanent session at NATO headquarters in Brussels from 2004 to 2008 and commanded Canada's Maritime Forces Atlantic from 2002 to 2004.
I have also called on the federal government and Treasury Board to exempt DND from charging Canadian Forces members and DND employees for parking at Canadian Forces bases across the country-Starting April 1st, or April Fool's Day, Maritime Forces Atlantic (MARLANT) will begin to charge Canadian Forces personnel and DND employees for parking on seven properties in Nova Scotia for those who have reserved spots and charges are likely coming soon for those who use 'scramble parking' spots.
USNORTHCOM, NMIC, and NORAD Headquarters have established avenues for sharing maritime threat information with Canadian organizations, to include Canada Command, Maritime Forces Atlantic, Maritime Forces Pacific, Joint Task Force Atlantic, Joint Force Pacific, and maritime intelligence centers.
It did slow us down quite a bit," said Rear Admiral Dan McNeill, commander of Maritime Forces Atlantic.