Traditional thinking has been that if you do good science, conservation will follow as a natural outcome," said Reynolds, who chaired the Marine Mammal Commission under four Presidential administrations between 1991 and 2010.
What does MMC stand for?
MMC stands for Marine Mammal Commission
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of MMC
We have 493 other meanings of MMC in our Acronym Attic
- Malaysian Medical Council
- Malicious Mobile Code
- Mandatory Managed Copy
- Manhattan Mennonite Church (Manhattan, Kansas)
- Manual Mode Command
- Map Maneuver Controller
- Margaret Morrison Carnegie Hall (Carnegie Mellon University)
- Marianische Männerkongregation (German)
- Marietta Master Chorale (Marietta, Georgia)
- Marine Mammal Center (Santa Barbara, CA)
- Marine Mammal Conservancy
- Marines Motorcycle Club (Rockwell City, IA)
- Marist Mission Centre (Australia)
- Marsh & McLennan Companies
- Martin Marietta Composites (Martin Marietta Materials, Inc.)
- Martin Marietta Corporation
- Marymount College (Gold Coast, Australia)
- Marymount Manhattan College
- Masochist Monkey Circus (band)
- Mass-line Media Centre (Bangladesh)
Samples in periodicals archive:
This information shows we don't have a lot of time to save the vaquita," Nature quoted Timothy Ragen, executive director of the Marine Mammal Commission in Bethesda, Maryland, which part-funded the survey, as saying.
Representatives from National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, United States Environmental Protection Agency, and Marine Mammal Commission also attended.
Marine Mammal Commission convened a series of meetings from February 2004 to September 2005, seeking compromise on acoustic "threats" to marine mammals.
government's Marine Mammal Commission identifies bottlenose dolphins as frequent victims of anthropogenic contaminants, including oil pollutants, sewage and vessel discharges, released into the open water.
Marine Mammal Commission, the National Academy of Sciences, National Research Council, International Atlantic Salmon Foundation, International Council for the Exploration of the Sea, and on the editorial boards of numerous prestigious journals.
Navy, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, and the Marine Mammal Commission subsequently confirmed Balcomb's assessment, stating that the animals apparently suffered from disequilibrium and disorientation from an acoustic or pressure event.
5 Kyodo The North Atlantic Marine Mammal Commission (NAMMCO) expressed support at its annual meeting last month for the controversial whaling program Japan recently carried out, the Japan Whaling Association (JWA) said Thursday.