Then the whale heads were dissected in the necropsy facility at the Marine Mammal Center at WHOI.
What does MMC stand for?
MMC stands for Marine Mammal Center (Santa Barbara, CA)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of MMC
We have 493 other meanings of MMC in our Acronym Attic
- Makati Medical Center
- Malaysian Medical Council
- Malicious Mobile Code
- Mandatory Managed Copy
- Manhattan Mennonite Church (Manhattan, Kansas)
- Manual Mode Command
- Map Maneuver Controller
- Margaret Morrison Carnegie Hall (Carnegie Mellon University)
- Marianische Männerkongregation (German)
- Marietta Master Chorale (Marietta, Georgia)
- Marine Mammal Commission
- Marine Mammal Conservancy
- Marines Motorcycle Club (Rockwell City, IA)
- Marist Mission Centre (Australia)
- Marsh & McLennan Companies
- Martin Marietta Composites (Martin Marietta Materials, Inc.)
- Martin Marietta Corporation
- Marymount College (Gold Coast, Australia)
- Marymount Manhattan College
- Masochist Monkey Circus (band)
Samples in periodicals archive:
to raise more than $500 for The Marine Mammal Center (TMMC) for its "Dollar-A-Pound" campaign.
On April 14, 2010, a rescue team from Pacific Marine Mammal Center impounded an emaciated and unresponsive subadult female California sea lion (Zalophus californicus) stranded on the beach at San Onofre, California, USA.
In its rebuilt home way up on the hill above Rodeo Beach in the Marin Headlands, the Marine Mammal Center is no zoo.
With the help of fellow volunteers Anje Vandernaald and Katharine Parker, he drags the male to a nearby cage, where it's placed inside and transported to the Marine Mammal Center in Sausalito, a hospital for ailing sealife.
It is still going strong now as a project of the Marine Mammal Center in Marin County.
gov, (206)526-4045; Marine Mammal Center, (415)289-SEAL, www.
This is the first time anybody's done a good, controlled study looking at the direct effect of contaminant exposures on immune function or ability to resist disease," says Ferrick, codirector of the International Program for Marine Mammal Health at the Marine Mammal Center in Sausalito, Calif.