In September 1951, the ability to move troops increased with the arrival of Marine Helicopter Transport Squadron (HMR) "161.
What does HMR stand for?
HMR stands for Marine Helicopter Transport Squadron (USMC)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of HMR
We have 78 other meanings of HMR in our Acronym Attic
- Home Media Research
- Home of Relative (reform plan; Illinois)
- Hôpital Maisonneuve-Rosemont (Montréal, Canada)
- Hornady Magnum Rimfire (ammunition)
- Hotel Motel Restaurant (hospitality Industry)
- Hour Meter Reading
- Human Mineralocorticoid Receptor (pharmaceutical industry)
- Human Resources
- Hungry Mind Review (literary journal)
- Hyderabad Metro Rail (Indian project)
- Hierarchical Multiple Regression Analysis
- Hotel Motel Restaurant Association (Ocean City, MD)
- Housing Market Renewal Area (UK)
- Hyvots & Moredun Residents Association (Edinburgh, Scotland, UK)
- Hazardous Materials Response and Assessment Division
- Homeopathic Medicines Research Advisory Group
- Hazardous Materials Regulations Board
- Heritage Medical Research Building (Canada)
- Health Management Research Center (University of Michigan)
- Helicopter Multi-Role Computer
Samples in periodicals archive:
The squadron was activated in September 1961 as Marine Helicopter Transport Squadron (Light) 364 flying the HUS-1.
Marine Observation Squadron 6 flew OY Sentinel and OE Bird Dog observation aircraft, TBM Avengers and HTL and HO5S helicopters, while Marine Helicopter Transport Squadron 161 operated HRS and H05S helicopters for troop lift, supply delivery, medevacs and recovery of downed pilots.