The Marine Casualty Investigation Board probe pointed to crew fatigue, inadequate watchkeeping arrangements and a lack of basic safety training as some of the factors in the accident.
What does MCI stand for?
MCI stands for Marine Casualty Investigation
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of MCI
We have 307 other meanings of MCI in our Acronym Attic
- Malleable Cast Iron
- Malvern Collegiate Institute
- Man Crush Index (fantasy football)
- Managed Cost Improvement
- Management Center Innsbruck (educational institution; Austria)
- Management Charter Initiative
- Management Concepts, Inc.
- Managing Criminal Investigations (criminal justice)
- Manejo Costero Integrado (Spanish: Integrated Coastal Management)
- Manufacturers Components Incorporated (Pompano Beach, FL)
- Marine Corps Installations
- Marine Corps Institute
- Martingrove Collegiate Institute (Toronto, ON, Canada)
- Maryland Correctional Institution
- Mass Casualty Incident
- Mass Communications, Incorporated
- Massachusetts Correctional Institute
- Massachusetts Correctional Institution
- MassMutual Corporate Investors (USA)
- Master Configuration Index (software documentation)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Marine Casualty Investigations Board has already conducted a survey of the vessel using a high-tech remote control mini submarine.
Ireland's Marine Casualty Investigation Board (MCIB) has begun an investigation.
A report by the Marine Casualty Investigation Board also concluded the crew of the Tit Bonhomme were tired and had no basic safety training.
Ireland's Marine Casualty Investigation Board has begun an investigation and sent a two-man team out to spend the next few days interviewing the crew, trainees and liaising with French authorities.
The Marine Casualty Investigation Board sparked outrage when it first claimed it did not need to raise either boat to carry out its investigations.
The Marine Casualty Investigation Board has been informed of the deaths and will carry out an investigation while gardai will hold their own probe.
Neither man was wearing a life jacket The report by the Marine Casualty Investigation Board report said everybody on vessels of seven metres or less in length is required to wear a life vest.