Prospective instructors must have a minimum of 500 hours in model, been designated a division leader and completed the Weapons and Tactics Instructor course at Marine Aviation Weapons and Tactics Squadron 1, MCAS Yuma, Ariz.
What does MAWTS stand for?
MAWTS stands for Marine Aviation Weapons and Tactics Squadron
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
We have 4 other meanings of MAWTS in our Acronym Attic
- Metropolitan Area Wavelength Switched Optical Network
- Mobile Area Water and Sewer System (Mobile, AL)
- Materials Accounting with Sequential Testing
- Missile Approach Warning Sensor Tester
- Math a Way of Thinking (elementary level workshop)
- Maximal Acceptable Wait Time (clinical practice research)
- Maximal Aortic Wall Thickness (coronary artery disease)
- Maximum Allowable Working Temperature
- Minimum Allowable Wall Thickness (pipes and pressure vessels)
- Mid Atlantic Wood Truss Council
- Marine Aviation Weapons and Tactics Squadron One
- Marine Air Weapons Training Unit
- Metal and Allied Workers Union
- Montserrat Allied Workers' Union (Montserrat; UK)
- Muslim Association of Wollongong University (Australia)
- Medical Assurance of West Virginia
- Midwives Alliance of West Virginia (est. 1978)
- Madison Area Weed Warriors (Wisconsin)
- Minnesota Alliance With Youth
- Cinemax (premium cable channel)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Under the cognizance of Marine Aviation Weapons and Tactics Squadron (MAWTS) 1, students receive classroom instruction combined with a rigorous flight curriculum.
and Marine Aviation Weapons and Tactics Squadron (MAWTS) 1 at MCAS Yuma, Ariz.