Many of the 241 Americans killed in the attack were members of Camp Lejeune's 24th Marine Amphibious Unit.
What does MAU stand for?
MAU stands for Marine Amphibious Unit
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of MAU
We have 60 other meanings of MAU in our Acronym Attic
- Medium Attack Wing
- Micro Advanced Technology Extended (motherboard type)
- More Awesome Than You
- Mathematical Association of Two Year Colleges
- Mathematics Association of Two-Year Colleges of New Jersey
- Military Aerodrome Traffic Zone
- Air Mauritius (ICAO code)
- Maintenance Augmenting Unit
- Major Administrative Unit (Universities)
- Make Up Air Unit
Samples in periodicals archive:
The helicopters subsequently lifted out troops of the 31st Marine Amphibious Unit, which had established a defensive perimeter for the evacuation.
The unit's liaison and fires integration capabilities were an integral part of Marine Amphibious Unit deployments.