The award was presented to researchers Bruce Wright, senior scientist with the Aleutian Pribilof Islands Association, and to Ray RaLonde, aquaculture specialist with the Alaska Sea Grant Marine Advisory Program at the University of Alaska Fairbanks School of Fisheries and Ocean Sciences during the 14th annual Alaska Forum on the Environment's annual conference.
What does MAP stand for?
MAP stands for Marine Advisory Program
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of MAP
We have 1136 other meanings of MAP in our Acronym Attic
- Manifold Absolute Pressure
- Manifold Air Pressure
- Manpower Analysis Paper
- Manufacturing Application Protocol
- Manufacturing Assembly Procedure
- Manufacturing Assistance Program (various organizations)
- Manufacturing Automation Profile
- Manufacturing Automation Protocol
- Mapei - Quick Step (Tour de France cycling sponsor)
- Marathon Ashland Petroleum LLC
Samples in periodicals archive:
In Juneau, local tour operator Gastineau Guiding has created the first Cruise With Purpose(SM) shore excursion in partnership with the Alaska Sea Grant's Marine Advisory Program and the Alaska Marine Conservation Alliance.
Marina Matters The environmental impacts from recreational boating can be grouped into four primary areas, says Harrison Bresee, a marina technical advisory specialist for the Virginia Sea Grant Marine Advisory Program at the Virginia Institute of Marine Science: operational hazards (such as habitat damage from propellers and noise), petroleum products, pollutants related to boat maintenance, and sewage.
According to Terry Johnson, a Marine Advisory Program agent in Dillingham, the Japanese are willing to pay for their preference.