More specifically, I show the following: * When all firms are identical, then each firm overinvests if at the first-best level of investment the marginal external cost is smaller than the average external cost.
What does MEC stand for?
MEC stands for Marginal External Cost
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of MEC
We have 449 other meanings of MEC in our Acronym Attic
- Maine Central Railroad Company
- Maintenance Engineer Call
- Maintenance/Metrology Engineering Center
- Man Engines & Components, Inc. (Pompano Beach, FL)
- Management Education Center
- Management Executive Committee (various organizations)
- Managing Enterprise Content (Ann Rockley book)
- Manly Environment Centre (Australia)
- Manufacturing Engineering Centre
- Marforpac Experimentation Center (US DoD)
- Marin Employment Connection (San Rafael, CA)
- Marine Energy Challenge
- Marine Evacuation Chute
- Maritime Electric Company, Limited
- Marquess Educational Consultants, Ltd. (London, England, UK)
- Marshalls Energy Company, Inc. (Marshall Islands)
- Maryland Electronic Capital (Maryland State Archives)
- Massachusetts Electric Company
- Master Events Calendar (various organizations)
- Master Events Controller
Samples in periodicals archive:
Divide this figure by the total amount of garbage disposed to obtain the average and therefore constant marginal external cost of disposing waste in a landfill.
By imposing a levy equal to the marginal external costs prevailing in the optimal equilibrium we can shift the equilibrium point from E to H.